Thank you for your interest in volunteering with the Humane Society of Eastern Carolina! Volunteers are the heart and soul of our organization and vital to our success. Our devoted volunteers help our organization provide services we otherwise would not be able to afford.
Your volunteer experience should be fun, rewarding, and equally beneficial to the animals and HSEC. Volunteers help clean kennels, socialize animals, assist with off-site adoption stands, greet visitors to our facility, foster, and much more!
**Due to limited time and resources, we don't accept volunteers who need to complete community service hours at the suggestion of their lawyer or as mandated by the court.**
TO GET INVOLVED:
• Click this link: https://dash.pointapp.org/organizations/2167
• If you already have a POINT account, sign in. Otherwise, click “Sign Up” at the bottom.
• You can sign up manually or with an existing Google account, Apple account, or Okta account.
• Once your account has been created, you will be taken to the organization page for the Humane Society of Eastern Carolina. Click the orange button at the top that says “Join” which will send us a request to approve you.
• Next, Click the tab at the top that says “About” next to “Find Ways to Volunteer.”
• Download and review the saved document titled HSEC Volunteer Orientation and follow those directions.
•In order to sign up for a volunteer shift, you will be asked to sign a release waiver. If you signed up in Volgistics, it is the same waiver you signed previously, it’s just set up differently in POINT.
The animals are VERY excited to have you come to spend time with them while they wait to find their forever home! We'll see you soon!
Volunteers can also contact us at HSECVolunteer@gmail.com
Click here to access Point and sign-up for events.
Volunteers must be 13 or older. We know there are a lot of passionate kids in our community younger than 13 and we apologize that they cannot actively volunteer at the shelter due to insurance/liability reasons, but they can still be a part of the HSEC by planning a fundraiser or make special bandanas for the animals. We encourage ideas and hope they can still be a part of our family.
Volunteers ages 13-17 must attend volunteer orientation with a parent/guardian.
Volunteers ages 13-15 are Junior Volunteers. They must be supervised by an adult (21 years+ who has also watched the orientation video) at all times.
We require all volunteers who want to work with the animals hands-on to watch the PowerPoint orientation.
If you are volunteering for an off-site fundraiser or event, you do not have to watch the orientation video.